Want a chic-looking pony like Cameron Diaz? It’s all too easy and the best news is that it works best when your hair is slightly dirty, so they’re brilliant when you’ve run out of time and you have to go out.
To create Cam’s slightly tousled look with a bit of height on top, simply follow these quick, easy steps:
- Brush your hair thoroughly and then create a short side parting near the front of the head and direct a full sweep of hair across to one side so that it crosses your forehead. ?
- You then need to pull a few loose strands out around the hairline to fall seductively around your face.
- Next, create a parting that runs from the tops of your ears, across the top of your head and then brush the remaining hair back into a pony from there while pulling the side and back strands up to create a loose ponytail with a base that is positioned mid-head, creating a soft, ‘poofy’ profile.
- Now pull the hair elastic out about an inch before pushing it in towards your scalp to form a fuller area on top.
- Tighten the hair elastic again.
- Fix the loose pieces around your face to make sure they frame it nicely.
- To finish, grab your flat irons and curl the ends of your ponytail so that that it flicks out a bit. You can also use it to shape the pieces that frame your face and voila – just like that you’re red carpet ready!