You may have spotted this trend by now, but white manicures are fast becoming a staple, just like the perfect red mani has been for years.
There is something so clean and perfect about sporting perfectly white manicured nails. But, you need to get it right from the beginning to avoid Tipex-like nails. As white tends to show up every flaw, you need to get it perfect from the get-go. White polish tends to be quite streaky, so follow these steps to getting the best white mani you possibly can.
- Clean your nail bed and remove any traces of nail polish that may have been left behind.
- Push back your cuticle and file and shape to your desired style.
- Apply a base coat and let dry.
- Using your favourite white polish, apply the first coat. Wait about a minute and then apply a second coat.
- Be the judge, and if your nails need a third coat (which most likely they will) apply it thinly. This should even out any streaks and gaps.
- Apply your top coat and allow to dry.
- Using an ear bud with acetone, or a nail polish remover pen, neaten the edges until perfect.
- Apply some cuticle oil to nourish your nails.
These are our favourite whites that we’ve tried and tested: