Street style: This is our favourite new hair accessory
Friday, 15 May 2015
We love a good hair accessory, and you don’t get much more original than this! This week we spotted Sisanda on the streets of Cape Town and couldn’t resist taking a few snaps of her stunning “turban” she created herself. Read her style secrets below:
1. Name and city: Sisanda Ntshinga, Cape Town
2. Occupation: LEGiT editor
3. Hairdresser name: Maroza hair salon
4. Hair stylist name: Hlengiwe and for braids Belinda
5. Products used:
Tea tree oil, castor oil, sulfur 8 hair food
and several different oils for deep conditioning
6. What did you use to create this look: I love playing around with head wraps and sometimes I create them with anything I can find including shirts, pants and sometimes even my jeans. For this particular look I used my pants to create the desired head wrap.
7. How often do you change your look:
I usually change my look every month because natural hair
requires a lot of care. So I usually braid my hair
or have cornrows under my head wraps
8. Do you ever rock your hair natural: I usually let my hair breathe for at least a week or two in between my looks.
9. Any advice you would like to share:
Do you. Always do you. Some may not understand your style but if you do and are confident with your look
others will appreciate it too.
Other articles you may be interested in:
Street style: Hair edition
How can I colour my dreadlocks?
The A – Z of ethnic hair
Do you know how to talk about your hair?
The best short hairstyles to rock