It’s not a beauty pageant that’s spoken about amongst the masses, but it should be. Miss Earth South Africa, in association with Consol, is a programme that hopes to educate and create awareness amongst young South African women about our environment, wildlife and the conservation of the planet.
On 25 August 2012 at Montecasino in Johannesburg, Tamerin Jardine was crowned Miss Earth South Africa 2012. We’re all for a great cause such as this one, but lately at BeautySA we’ve found ourselves unusually intrigued by the gorgeous ladies [who enter pageants. There’s something about being pretty not just on the outside, but on the inside as well and trying to help save the planet!
If you’d like to know more about Miss Earth South Africa, visit the official website. But if you’d like to know how to recreate the finalists’ two-tone eye look, keeping reading…
1. Apply a primer to your entire lid. Something like Avon’s Magix Face Perfector, R120, will make sure your eye shadow stays on longer.
2. Dust a light shade of eye shadow across about two-thirds of your lid, from the inner corner. We’re loving the Eye Quartet Mineral Palette by Clarins, R415, at the moment because it’s long-lasting eye shadow that can be applied wet or dry.
3. Next use a darker eye shadow and blend it over the outer, remaining third of your eyelid. The Clarins palette will have complimentary colours that blend really well with each other.
4. Keep blending the narrow section where the two shadows meet to get a softer colour transition.
5. As an option, add a highlighter or illuminator, like our favourite, YSL’s Touche Éclat, R445, to your brow bone to really glam it up.
6. Next, line your upper and lower eyelid with Maybelline’s Eyestudio Gel Liner, R100. When lining your lower lid, be careful to not move onto your waterline, keep the line just below it.
7. Finish off with a slick of mascara. Lancome’s Hypnose Star, R315, not only coats every lash evenly it also creates glamorous volume.