We know we should take care of our skin, but we should pay extra attention to our delicate eye area. After all, the health of our eyes gives a lot away, and not just our age…
Prevent dark rings, puffy bags, crow’s feet and wrinkles by including an eye cream or serum into your daily skincare routine.
Follow these simple steps to applying eye creams effectively:
1. Do not waist the product. A 5mm drop is more than enough for both eyes.
2. Apply the cream to the area with a cotton bud, ring finger or the applicator the product comes with. Your ring finger is the weakest and will apply the least amount of pressure to that sensitive area, preventing pulling and stretching of the skin.
3. Start at the bottom-inside area of your eye, closest to your tear duct and gently dab around the eye area until you reach the top-outside corner. Direction isn’t really relevant but as long as you dab, you can start at any side of the eye.
4. But don’t go anywhere near your lash line; stay on your occipital bone.
5. Don’t forget to dab the area where crow’s-feet tend to develop.
6. Make sure that this area is evenly covered and the product has is absorbed properly into the skin.
BONUS: An eye cream acts as a primer for your concealer and eye make-up, but you’ve got to find one that’s suitable for your skin type. Some have more active ingredients than others and may react to certain differently to different skin types.
We suggest: L’Oreal Revitalift Laser Renew Precision Eye Cream, R199.95, Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Eye Contour Serum, R495, Pond’s Flawless Radiance Light Infusing Under- Eye Cream, R64.99, Dermalogica Total Eye Care, R565.