Gorgeous gown √
Dreamy date √
Make-up trial √
Unforgettable evening … Pending
Planning for a Matric dance – or any major event is exciting but it can also be stressful. Lists are helpful, so be sure to start planning ahead. Here are some clutch bag must-haves to ensure your make-up looks perfect throughout the night – and not just while snapping pre-event pictures at home.
1) Catrice All Matt Plus Powder, R74,95 – Perfect for touching up and getting rid of excess shine.
2) Elizabeth Arden Sheer Kiss Lip Oil, R295 – Because, glossy and ultra glam.
3) Orly Color Blast Nail Polish, R119,95 – It never hurts to carry your nail polish with you for those unexpected smudges. Add an extra coat of sparkle if needed.
4) Guerlain Lip & Cheek Tint, R560 – A perfectly packaged lippie and cheek tint. Save space and touch up. Winning!
5) L.O.V Eyeshadow, R134,95 – This tiny compact fits perfectly into your bag. Intensify your smokey eye to get you afterparty-ready.
6) Rimmel Royal Blush, R69,95 – Ultra creamy and blendable, add a pop of colour with this nifty clutch-sized blush.
7) Hair clips from Woolworths, R49,95 – Always carry pins for unruly tresses. These add an extra hint of glam. We love the nod to old Hollywood glam.
8) Maybelline Master Strobing Stick, R138 – Get an extra glow when needed with this nifty strobing stick.
9) Guerlain Lash Dress Mascara, R545 – Layer extra coats of mascara for a false-lash effect.
10)Yardley Liquid Matte in Engine Red, R119,95 – An all-round favourite. This lippie is an event must-have. Choose your perfect shade from the array of colours.
11) Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, R225 – Pop this perfume wand into your bag for fresh touch-ups and enjoy a delicious scent all night.
12) L.O.V Perfectitude 3-in-1 Prime & Fix Spray, R247,95 – No need to take this along with you, but be sure to apply setting spray to ensure your make-up stays on, even when the clock strikes 12.
13) Palladio Rice Paper Blotting Tissues, R69,95 – Oily much? Get blotting with this tiny lifesaver.
14) MINA The Essential Lip Pencil in 401, R49,95 – A lip pencil is essential to ensure your lipstick stays in place. Line your lips for the perfect pout and get snapping. Lipstick may not always last, but pictures and memories do.
Every bag should be stocked with tissues and gum – a small tube of hand lotion is great too, to keep hydrated and fresh. Our secret weapon? Fragrance wands. They’re very 007 and allow you to spritz on a sweet scent when needed. Throw in your fully-charged cellphone, some money, (a light snack… we like to be prepared!) and a plaster for good measure, and you’ll always be ready for whatever life throws at you. Well, as much as you could be.
Ultimately, space is a major deciding factor when packing your clutch. Luckily, the trend has moved towards smaller sling bags and bigger clutch bags, so be sure to choose yours based on your space needs. We often get carried away when packing a bag, so stick to what’s important to you. Double-duty products that can be used to freshen up and primp more than one feature is always a winner. Investing in long-wear products is great for ensuring less frequent touch-ups, and slipping in those perfectly packaged #makeupgoals products are just a bonus. What better excuse to splurge on ultra glam must-haves?
Let us know which products are on your wishlist in the comments section below.