Liquid eyeliner is one of the most commonly feared beauty products. Those who have mastered it never look back, but to those who have never tried it (or tried it once and were unsuccessful), it is best avoided. We believe that anyone can master the art of applying liquid eyeliner, so we’ve put together our top tips for getting it right:
- If you generally have an unsteady hand or you are prone to spilling and messing your make-up, opt for a felt tip liquid liner rather than the traditional brush. It makes application a bit easier for first time or inexperienced users.
- Find yourself having to constantly redo? Simply use a pencil liner to help you create the perfect look and finish off with liquid liner.
- With your pen held firmly in your hand, rest your palm on your cheek. This position will help keep your grip steady.
- Place the fingers of your other hand just below your brow bone and gently pull your skin upwards and slightly outwards. Making it more taut will allow you to draw a neater line.
- Starting in the middle of your top eyelid and working outwards, draw small stipple lines or dots with your liner, as close to your eyelid as possible.
- Continue with the same motion moving from the centre of your eyelid to the inner corner.
- Carefully connect the thin lines until your entire lid is neatly lined.
- If it’s too subtle and you prefer a thicker line, carefully thicken the existing line by drawing on its border.
- For a cat eye, add a gentle flick to your beautifully lined lids. Start at the most outward part of your top eyelid and angle the line towards the outermost part of your eyebrow. Use scotch tape to guide you, if need be.
- If you’re doing full eye makeup that includes both liner and eyeshadow, apply your shadow first. It creates a dry base for the liquid liner.
Apply your liner with as much confidence as it takes to rock this bold look, you’ve got this! For more tips and tricks, try these unconventional beauty hacks.
How many of you consider yourselves liquid eyeliner pros? Share your tips below!