Lipstick, glorious lipstick. Whether you’re a true #BeautyAddict and you can’t leave home without it, or you have one trusted go-to shade, you can’t deny that lipstick has an undeniable allure and it instantly updates your look. Experiment with a new hue and re-up your collection with these on-trend lippie shades.
Romantic and the perfect addition to your lipstick collection, this rose won’t leave you hanging. Muted rose and warm pink hues are the simplest way to transition your lippie look this winter. It’s not quite as bright as the other on-trend colours this season, making it ideal for the more conservative lipstick lover – much like a trusted nude or earthy, chestnut hue –and a go-to for a daytime, more demure lipstick alternative.
Orange you ready to try something new? See what we did there? Anyway. This may be slightly out of your comfort zone, but this pop of colour can seriously brighten up your mood and any winter ensemble. Slightly bolder and more daring than the red hues worn last year, we saw many a celeb don this fresh shade at Fashion Week and on red carpets. You can transition slowly and try an energetic orange-red, or opt for a tangerine orange.
When you can’t choose, go ombré! Be bold and experiment with colour with this top trend. Beauties on the Gram are loving it and it’s easy to see why. Wear your two favourite colours to match your ensemble, or invest in the nifty duos that contain two shades and surprise you each time. For a fuller pout, line your lips and add more dimension to your look.
Oh My Gloss
Shiny, silvery metallic aesthetics are in and beauties everywhere are experimenting with the futuristic style. If you’re not ready to go full-on glittery, the holographic lip trend could be a great way to step-up your lipstick game. It’s a fun nod to your teen phase when everything was high-gloss and shine – and honestly, some pep in your step is much appreciated when the sun no longer plays along and you’re searching for a quick update. Wear a gloss with a hint of colour, rock your favourite lippy and add some gloss, or go full-on glossy. It all depends on your mood. Steer clear of sticky counterparts.
If you’re tired of the basics, add some colour with this playful hybrid between red and deep purple. Perfect for day and night, magenta tones will boost your mood and looks stylish without even trying. This hue is ideal for beauties trying to break away from the go-to red shade. It also suits most skin tones. Simply apply and rock it with confidence!
Add these lovely lippies to your collection:
1. 3INA The Longwear Lipstick in 505, R149,95
2. Wet ‘n Wild Mega-Last Lip Colour in Rose-bud, R48,95
3. Inglot HighGloss in 02, R449 (Perfect for the glossy trend as well)
4. Guerlain in 043 Sun-glasses, R555
5. L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Orange After Party, R179,95
6. M.A.C Liptensity Lipstick in Habernero, R300
7. CATRICE Ombré Two-tone lip colour in Please Tell Rosy, R99
8. NYX Ombré Lip Duo Bonnie & Clyde, R224,95
9. Palladio Ombré in Sticks and Stones, R89,95
10. Rimmel Oh my gloss, R80,95
11. Wet ‘n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Cherish, R35,95
12. Rimmel Oh my gloss in sheer, R80,95
13. L.O.V in Claudia’s Crimson, R229,95
14. Guerlain in Orchid Beanie, R555
15. CATRICE Ultimate Colour in Pinker-bell, R79,95