This month I’ve been chosen as the BeautySouthAfrica Blogger of the Month and I was asked to share one of my favourite make-up looks. I decided to put together a very simple look that is perfect for spring, playing around with blush tones and strobing (highlighting) for a luminous, glowing finish.
I love this look because it is super simple to create and perfect for a day out. Take a look:
Keen to try the look? Here are the products I used in the video:
1. GOSH Primer Plus Hydration (R210). This hydrating primer contains glycerin and silicones to give smooth your skin and prep it for foundation.
2. Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Makeup in Nude (R279). I liked this improved formulation from Revlon. It gives medium to full coverage with a slight shimmer that delivers a glowing finish. I also like the SPF20 coverage.
3. Catrice Illuminating Highlighter Pen (R69.95). This liquid highlighter has a silvery-pink colour and glowing finish to give you a radiant complexion. I love the twist-pen with a brush, which makes application super easy.
4. L’Oréal Brow Artist Genius Kit in Medium to Dark (R169.95). This consists of a pigmented wax that forms the base for the darker powder. I like the angled brush for precision work.
5. L’Oréal Brow Artist Plumper (R129.95). If you prefer lighter brows you can use this on its own. I like to prep with a brow pencil or shadow and use this to pump up the volume. The colour sits on the hairs of your brows and helps to fill them out.
6. Smashbox L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Color in Beverly Hills Blush (R320). A creamy blush that glides on and blends easily, giving you a beautiful flush of colour. It comes with a built-in buffing sponge for blending, or just use your fingertips like I do.
7. NYX Love in Paris 9 Color Shadow Palette in A La Mode (R179.95). A good combination of browns, charcoal and metallic colours that will give you everything you need for basic or sultry, smokey eyes. The pigment is good, it blends easily and it didn’t crease when I used it.
8. Eylure Lengthening No 035 False Lashes (R58.95). These give you the same impact as mascara without that heavy, coated look. This particular type has a light, natural appearance while adding great length. It comes with adhesive and you can reapply the lashes.
9. GOSH Xtreme Gel Liquid Liner (R125). Use liquid liner to hide the glue line of your falsies. I thought the brush was easy to use and the liquid was intense black and slightly shiny.
10. NYX Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Pink Bikini (R109.95). A light pink hydrating lippie that looks soft and natural – perfect for daywear.
Other articles you may be interested in:
Introducing Blogger of the Month: Liezel from 9Lives
Five products to get you ready for spring
Must-have floral hair accessories for spring
Spring scents to delight your senses
Spring scents for him