Question: From Arthur Joffe

Hi, I have an irritating body itch with some redness. A pharmacist said I should use Canex T Antifungal and Allergex tablets. Any advice to stop the itch will be appreciated. Thanks very much.


Hi, Arthur. It does sound like you may possibly have a fungal infection or some kind of allergic reaction. The medication from the pharmacist should help with the symptoms if it is a simple problem. If you are not getting any relief you may have to look into the problem a bit deeper. I am unaware of your overall medical condition, but a high sugar intake or conditions such as diabetes makes you more susceptible to fungal infections. A yeast or bacterial overgrowth in the intestinal tract can also produce skin symptoms such as an itch (overgrowth can occur after antibiotic use or with poor diet). The use of certain medications such as antacids or acid blockers (used to treat heartburn, reflux or ulcers) can also lead to inflammatory conditions in the colon, which may produce inflammation, redness or itching on the skin. Stress can affect your immune system and cause you to have abnormal allergic reactions to foods or something in your environment. As you can see it is a bit difficult for me to advise you without more details. If your symptoms persist it may also be a sign of an underlying problem that needs to be addressed. If you are not getting any relief make an appointment with one of the Functional Medicine doctors at Health Renewal.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp

Teenage skin

My name is Estelle and I am a 15year old teen. I'm really struggling with my facial skin,my face is…

Acne in my 40s

I have always struggled with oily and breakout skin since primary school but it has calmed down from my teens…

Question from Nickay Heyman

Hi there Doc I am a 28 year old Lady and I have a problem with dark spots left from…

Subscribe to our newsletter