Eva Longoria never ceases to amaze us with her flawless red carpet beauty. No matter what look she goes for, she always gets it spot on. We took a look through some of her best beauty moments and selected our top five hairstyles to share with you. Want to know how Eva achieves her sensational hair colour? Keep reading to find out…
One of Eva’s most envied features is without a doubt her gorgeous hair. If we think of effortless waves, Eva is one of the first celebrities to come to mind. One thing that sets her apart is how healthy her hair always looks.
1. The key to this look is creating big voluminous waves, rather than tight curls. After washing your hair, treat it to a heat protect spray followed by a volumising mousse such as the L’Oréal Studio Line Silk and Gloss Volume Mousse (R75), to create volume at the roots without weighing down your lengths. Curl your hair using a large barrel hair curler and finish off with a holding spray.
2. Looking for an elegant updo style? We love this middle parting and low ponytail combination. The curls in the ponytail give the look a romantic edge, while the middle parted mid fringe perfectly frames her gorgeous face. To recreate this look, it’s important that your hair looks healthy, so we suggest treating your blow-dried fringe to a serum such as L’Oréal Elvive Extraordinary Oil (R160) to give it an extra glow. This look can also be created on shorter hair by replacing the ponytail with a simple chignon.
3. One thing we’ve noticed about Eva’s hair, is that no matter what shade she is sporting, it is always richly pigmented. For rich colour, we recommend L’Oréal Excellence Crème. Enriched with Pro Keratin, Excellence Crème is specially formulated to protect your hair as you colour it . For sensational colour like Eva, this hair colour is definitely top of our list.
If you favour sleek looks, then this high ponytail is for you. We love how sophisticated this look is, while still having a fresh and playful feel. While this look works on straight hair, a full blow dry will provide the ponytail with more movement. We suggest using a volumising mask such as the L’Oréal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Masque (R74.95) to deeply nourish the hair and make it appear thicker. To finish off this look, we suggest winding a small strand of hair around your hair elastic to conceal it. Don’t forget to spray hairspray like L’Oréal Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray (R74.95) onto your hair once the look is in place to prevent any flyaways.
4. Eva is a true beauty chameleon. No matter what look she tries out, she looks gorgeous. Her hair is shorter here than we are used to, but we think it looks stunning. Regular exposure to heat styling causes long-term damage to your hair, so we suggest using a repairing cleansing system to keep your locks looking their absolute best. We love the L’Oréal Elvive Full Restore Repairing Shampoo (R42.95) and Elvive Full Restore 5 Repairing Conditioner (R42.95). Do you love this look as much as we do? You’re in luck as it’s simple to recreate. Apply a volumising mousse to your hair to create volume at the roots, blow dry your hair and curl it using your curling iron / flat iron. Spray in a long lasting hair spray to keep the curls in place and voilà!
5. Out of the five looks, this one is the most casual, yet it is still elegant enough that it can easily be dressed up for a red carpet look. This hairstyle is perfect for day-old curled hair, as the curls give the hair volume and texture, making it easier to create a loose chignon. The side swept loose tendril softens the look and adds an ultra feminine touch. The key to this look is securing your updo with a strong hold hairspray that offers hold but allows your hair to still look soft. We love L’Oréal Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray (R74.95) as it adds a healthy shine to your hair, while keeping it in place.
Other article you may be interested in:
Tips for at-home hair colour brought to you by L’Oréal
Hair oils, glorious hair oils
L’Oréal ‘The Precious Stones Collection’ with Pandora
The deal with silver shampoo
Six hair resolutions for 2014