If you feel like attempting a new hairstyle this season, the sock bun or doughnut is a good one to opt for. It’s quick, it’s easy and you simply need a doughnut and a few bobby pins. Add a sweep of your favourite shade of lipstick and some bold eyes and you’re on your way.
- Try choosing a sock bun as close to your natural hair colour as possible. You don’t want a blond bun sticking out of your dark brown hair if you don’t manage to get it perfect all the time.
- Tie your hair in a pony first. It will keep it in place and make it easier for you to start the bun. Remember the higher the pony and bun the better.
- Place the bun in your hair over your pony (so that your hair sticks out the middle bit) and loosely shape your hair around the doughnut. Continue this motion all the way around until the entire doughnut is covered with your hair.
- As you do this, slowly tuck under the excess hair to secure it.
- You may want to stick in a bobby pin or two to hold it.
- Finish off with some hairspray to ensure a sleek tight finish.
We love the Denman doughnut, R49.95