During your teen years you’ll find your skin becomes a lot more oily, and this can often lead to acne and breakouts. You see, while you are growing up an your body starts to change, the oil glands on your face, chest and back get triggered and over-produce natural oils due to an increase in certain hormones. While these oils are important for the health of your skin, too much of them can clog your pores and lead to nasty breakouts.
So what’s a girl to do? Well, a good skincare routine is the best place to start. Opt for lightweight moisturisers or gels, and stick to gel cleansers rather than rich, creamy ones. Avoid heavy foundations or thick sunscreens designed for your body – rather use a thinner formulation made especially for the face. A weekly exfoliation and clay mask will do wonders too.
Here, a few of the products we recommend for a matte and blemish-free complexion!
2. Justine Pure Youth Clean Act Foaming Cleanser, R130
3. essence PureSkin Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel Cream, R34.95
4. Filorga Foam Cleanser, R330
5. Almay Problem Solution Clay Mask, R165
6. essence PureSkin Anti-Shine Pore Refining Serum, R46.95