In this segment, we turn the spotlight on products that we believe, steal the show. If it’s our product of the week, consider it amazing!
What they say:
Boity Pink Sapphire, by Halo Heritage, is the first ever fine fragrance created and named for a Black South African celebrity, Boity Thulo.
Pink Sapphire reflects the unique beauty of one of the world’s rarest gemstones. This ultra-modern fragrance with its poetic balance of floral and mineral notes was carefully formulated by one of the finest perfumers in France, but is proudly crafted on South African soil, echoing the sensuality and strength of this great continent. This fresh, clean, delicate scent boosts your confidence and leaves a lasting impression.
Regarded as an ode to powerful, modern, African queens, the Eau de Parfum is now available in a range of sizes so keep your 100ml signature bottle in pride of place on your dressing table and add a 50ml, 25ml or 15ml vial to your handbag or your luggage for that last minute freshening up before that important meeting.
Top Notes: Tangerine, Sugar, Wild Marigold
Heart Notes: Jasmine, French Lavender, Amber
Base Notes: Salt, Moss, Cedarwood
What we say:
When I was a teenager, celebrity fragrances were all the rage. From Britney Spears to Halle Berry, every celeb seemed to have a signature scent (or ten!). But what I always found lacking, was that there wasn’t any scents created by, or endorsed by, local celebrities. That was before Boity Pink Sapphire: the very first fine fragrance created and named for a Black SA celeb – finally!
Boity Thulo has such a major following and has proven to be a skilled businesswoman, with a host of products and projects under her belt. When I first saw Boity Pink Sapphire I loved the look and feel, and thought the bottle was beautifully designed and elegant. I knew that if Boity was behind it, the scent would be perfectly prepared and put together.
And it turned out to be very much what I expected: light, fresh, feminine and sophisticated. It’s a versatile fragrance that works for the boardroom, an event, or lunch with the girls.
– Anien, Editor
Boity Thulo’s tips on how to wear perfume to make it last longer
- Apply after a bath or shower and make sure your skin is already dry before spritzing.
- A well moisturised skin keeps the scent for longer so apply fragrance after using an unscented lotion. You can also apply a little bit of petroleum jelly to the chosen points before your perfume.
- Apply your perfume to your pulse points — namely, the inner wrists, the base of the throat, behind ear lobes, in the cleavage. As you wear your perfume throughout the day, it will react with your body heat and continue to emit scent.
- Hold the bottle 5-7 inches away from you and spray on your skin – not your clothes (because it could stain) and avoid spraying it on your jewellery.
- Don’t rub your wrists together – rather let the fragrance dry on your skin. The friction can accelerate evaporation and dull the top notes (the smell you enjoy when you first spritz your fragrance and usually the reason you bought it).
Boity Pink Sapphire is available via Haloheritage.com, Superbalist, Takealot, Clicks online and selected stores nationally and other key retailers:
100ml – from R1195
50ml – R895
25ml – R595
15ml – R295