I’m going to be brutally honest with you and say, that pigmentation is not something that you can effectively treat with “over the counter” creams and preparations. It requires the use of active, products and treatments, and even then, it is a condition we need to manage and monitor continuously. There are a number of things we need to establish before we even start treatment. Can you consider the following as having been a factor in causing your pigmentation?
1. Trauma or friction in the affected areas?
2. Hormonal imbalances? (Are you on any meds that affect the hormones?)
3. Are you taking any meds that cause sun sensitivity? (Anti-histamines, anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories?)
4. Do you have any food allergies?
5. Do you put on perfumed body lotions? These often cause skin sensitivity and the skin pigments as a protective mechanism.
Once we know what has caused the problem, we would be able to decide the best course of action in treating the problem. Can you give me some more info so I can help you? Or are you near enough to one of our Skin Renewal Branches so that we can take a look at you?