You’ve lost hours travelling, and lost hours of sleep. The bags under your eyes are as big as your actual luggage and there is still another train ride before you get to your hotel room. This feeling of fatigue is known as jet lag and it is perfectly normal to feel this way. It occurs when your normal sleeping pattern is disrupted by traveling into a different time zone. There is no complete way to get rid of it, however, there are some tablets one can take and sleeping pills one can pop, plus drinking lots of water can help too.
When it comes to beauty savers, keep these handy guys in your carry-on luggage so you can touch yourself up and try feel (and look) a little more awake:
1. A good hydrating moisturiser such as Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, R510.
2. An energising facial spray like The Body Shop’s Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz, R135, will act as an instant pick-me-up.
3. A great repairing eye and lip balm is essential to help reduce black rings under the eyes and cracked lips. We suggest Sorbet Age Perfect Lip & Eye Repair Serum – it’ll help plump up the skin.
4. A pack of facial cleansing wipes will always come in handy. Don’t sleep with your make-up on while travelling over night. Wipes make it easy to remove make-up and are great for a quick cleanse. Try essence My Skin Lime & Cucumber Refreshing Cleansing Wipes, Rxx
5. Add a pop of colour to your cheeks and lips as you come in to land – it will instantly brighten up your look. Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks is a winner.
6. A concealer stick is also handy to whip out and cover those black rings under your eyes. Inglot has a great creamy concealer pen known as the Perfect Concealer, R99.
These are just a few products to get you through your long haul and ready for your journey ahead!
Enjoy the silly season,
Xoxo The BSA Team
Other articles you may be interested in:
How to: Travel with your beauty products
Which beauty products are essential to take on travels?
Quick beauty fixes
How to: Decant a fragrance
I really need Sorbet Age Perfect Lip & Eye Repair Serum.
Don’t forget Clarins’ Beauty Flash Balm – that is always my saviour when I’m away from home. It wakes up my skin and gives it an incredible glow. I like to wear it on it’s own when I am at home, and with a BB cream over it when I’m heading out.
Drinking lots of water is always good. Great article.
Thanks for sharing, this is great info.
Great tips, I will definitely get some of these products.
Great info and the products mentioned are all nice to have.