Just when you thought you knew your skincare alphabet, along comes another multi-purpose cream – the DD. We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of “Dynamic Do-All” creams in SA, but we thought it best to give you the low-down on what they’re all about so you’re up to speed. We’re nice like that.
First, let’s do a quick recap of our favourite BBs and CCs.
Also known as Beauty Balms, BB creams are the perfect combination of primer, moisture and tint (sometimes even sun protection). They help to smooth fine lines and even out skin tone without having to apply foundation or powder – perfect for those who prefer a fuss-free make-up routine.
Our current BB faves:
- Vichy Ideal Soleil BB Tinted Velvety Cream SPF 50, R290
- Garnier BB Cream, R119,95
- Pond’s Flawless Radiance All-in-One Even Tone Expert BB Cream, R119,99 (specifically for darker skin)
- Dr. Schrammek Blemish Balm, R695
If your skin is prone to redness, pigmentation or scarring, or if it simply needs a boost of enhancing colour, CC creams are the solution. These creams are packed full of antioxidants and hard-working ingredients to assist with skin irritations as well as provide anti-ageing benefits.
Our current CC faves:
- Physicians Formula Super CC Cream, R274,95
- Eucerin Sun Creme Tinted CC SPF 50+ for sensitive skin, R199,99
- L’Occitane Peony CC Skin Tone Perfecting Cream, R525
- Revlon Age Defying CC Cream, R239
DD creams combine all the benefits of both BB and CC, but their specific formulations are intended to defend against the dangers of the sun thus combatting early signs of ageing. If you’re concerned about fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and blemishes, then a DD cream is your one-stop solution. Keep your eyes peeled, we’ll be sure to let you know when DD drops in SA.