So many colours to choose from, so few nails. See the dilemma here… Well, if you get creative with your nail art, you can get a chance to wear most (if not all) of the hot new spring and summer colours.
Trawling the interwebs, we stumbled across a great way to wear two colours at once. Now I don’t have the steadiest of hands, so using cellotape is perfect for me!
1. Apply two base coats and allow it to dry for at least 20 minutes. We love the fresh green of Sinful Colours’ Rise and Shine, R27.95.
2. With your cellotape, place a strip across the length of your nail. Place a second strip parallel to the first, leaving about a 5mm strip of nail open for painting. To prevent the cellotape from being too sticky (and lifting the great job you did on your base coat), press onto a tablecloth or onto your palm.
3. Then paint over the exposed part of your nail. Don’t stress if you paint over the cellotape, that’s the great part about it – you won’t mess up your base coat. I wanted to create a contrast between this season’s bright colours and another trendy one, so I used Maybelline’s Forever Strong in Purple Storm, R54.95.
4. Once dry, remove the cellotape to prevent smudging your new topcoat.
5. Finish with a topcoat like essence’s studio nails allround talent, R24.95.
You can give all 10 nails these funky racing stripes, or you can simply only concentrate on your ring fingers. It’s up to you…
All products are available at Clicks stores nationwide.