By now you’re sure to have seen the beauty world’s fascination with thermal waters, and with more and more brands releasing them in SA, they’re fast becoming must-haves among beauty junkies.
What exactly is a thermal water spray? Simply put, it’s a mineral water spray that comes from a thermal spring. It’s appeal lies in the high content of minerals in the water – these have various skincare benefits, from soothing redness to setting make-up.
Some of the uses we’ve found for them include:
– Soothing skin irritability like razor burn and chaffing;
– As an after sun;
– As a skin refresher after a long flight or trip;
– To cool you down during or after a workout;
– As added hydration for dry skin;
– As a toner;
– To set your make-up;
– To soothe the effects of conditions like eczema and dermatitis;
– Soothing itchy skin;
– Soothing sensitive skin;
– As a skin soother to use after a skin treatment.
The best ones currently available in South Africa, are the Avène Thermal Water Spray, R149.99, Vichy Eau Thermale Thermal Spa Water, R169 and Uriage Eau Thermale D’Uriage, R130.
What do you use your thermal water for?
Other articles you may be interested in:
Do all skin types need a toner?
Which natural ingredients are beneficial for my skin?
What does it mean if I break out on my skin?
All products irritate my skin, what can I do?
Is it okay to wash my face with a bar if soap?