Exfoliators can cost an arm and a leg, and for many women they’re an unnecessary added expense. However, exfoliating your skin once or twice a week is absolutely essential to remove dry and dead cells, plus to keep your pores healthy and unclogged, thereby minimising breakouts.
If you’re looking to save a few Rands, or if you’re keen to try out a natural exfoliator that’s gentle on the skin, then this baking soda trick is for you.
1. Dampen your skin a squeeze a dollop of your cleanser into the palm of your hand.
2. Pour a teaspoon of baking soda into your hand and mix well with your cleanser.
3. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin in circular motions, concentrating on dry and problematic areas.
4. After about 30 seconds, rinse your skin and gently pat it dry.
5. Follow with your serum and moisturiser.
Baking soda is excellent at removing oil, dirt and dead skin cells and is very gentle on the skin. A lot of women who struggle with breakouts have reportedly said this mixture helped clear up their spots and when they used it often, it minimised the formation of new blemishes too. If you give this a try, let us know in the comments section below how you experienced it – we’d love to know!
Other articles you may be interested in:
Can facial scrubs make my blemishes worse?
Our top five teen scrubs
We finally have the solution to chicken skin
Our must-have body scrubs
Nine products for radiant skin