Question: Question from Curious

Hi Dr, I would like to have some moles removed. Can I ask my GP to do it, or is it necessary to go to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon?


All moles should be scanned and recorded by your family doctor every year. That will ensure that any subtle changes are picked up in time. Any moles that are changing shape, size or color should be removed for investigation. This can be done by your family doctor if they are comfortable with it, otherwise a dermatologist will remove it for you. Consult a plastic surgeon if the mole is in a cosmetically visible position, such as the face or chest, as they are trained in the most delicate wound closure techniques and will leave the smallest scars.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp

Question from MarishaAV

Hi Dr Maricia Duvenage. I am a 25 year old with endometriosis. I am on Visanne have been getting fatter…

From Galennelwe Rosebud Tsikwe-Tsoai

Good day, Dr I have a problem with hyperpigmentation. Can you recommend something to use on my face? Secondly, I…

From Tamzyn Hercules

Hi, I have digestive and heartburn problems any advice, please?

Subscribe to our newsletter

Latest on Instagram