Megan and I were recently treated to a Ciaté Caviar manicure, and by now most of you are probably wondering what caviar has to do with nails… Well, the inspiration came from Charlotte Knight, Ciaté’s creative director, who wanted to create something indulgent, extravagant and 3-dimensional for a magazine cover shoot.
The entire manicure took about 20 minutes and we walked out with beautifully designed nails. I went for the pinkish multi-colour caviar pearls and Megan had the pearl caviar manicure done. There’s also a black Ciaté Caviar pearls manicure available, but we were told Kim Kardashian had snapped up the last of that stock.
If you’re looking for something different for a special occasion (maybe a wedding), we highly recommend this treat. Ciaté Caviar Manicure Kits will soon be available at selected retail stores and salons countrywide as well as through their online store.
If you’re up for a little DIY, here’s the easy step-by-step process:
1. Work on one nail at a time and apply two coats of the Ciaté Paint Pot shade.
2. Place your finger over the tray and sprinkle Caviar pearls over your painted nail ensuring you do this whilst the nails are still wet.
3. Once fully covered, gently press and compact the Caviar pearls onto your nail bed to ensure durability.
4. When done, place the mini funnel into the Caviar pearls bottle and tilt the tray over the funnel to pour in your excess precious beads.
5. Once finished, leave your nails to completely dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Voila! You now have perfectly Caviar manicured nails.