A messy bun is such a versatile up-do, and can look sophisticated or relaxed to suit the occasion. Either way, it always looks glamorous. Here’s how to get this feminine and sophisticated look:
Vanessa Hudgens’s hair looks gorgeously feminine. Follow our easy steps to your own messy bun.
1. Give your hair a light spray with hairspray to give it a little bit more body and grip.
2. Gently tease your hair, close to the roots, with a large paddle brush.
3. Divide your hair into three equal panels. Take the middle back panel, twist the hair and wrap it into a tight bun. Secure with hairpins or slides.
4. Take one of the other sides and wrap it over the top of the already clipped bun. Clip that panel into place.
5. Wrap the remaining panel under the bun and secure, leaving pieces hanging loose that the back and over the ears.
6. Spray with hairspray and voila! An elegant and sexy look that can last you through all those summer parties.
Top tip: If you want a funkier look, ask your hairstylist to cut your hair into a blunt Cleopatra fringe. A fringe can really complement the messy bun look.