Here are some pocket pointers from our Hair Expert, Tanaz Hair, Body and Nails, to take with you this holiday season:
• Wet your hair with natural water before going into the sea or a pool. Your hair soaks up the natural water and then not so much the chlorine.
• Tie your hair up if you can.
• Use a conditioner to seal your hair.
• Invest in salon products that protect your hair shaft from sulphates in the ocean or chlorine.
• Wear a swimming cap – it’s the best way to protect your hair from chlorine. You could even apply a leave-in-conditioner under the cap as a treatment (we know it’s unattractive, but at least your hair will look good!).
• Rinse your hair with fresh water right after you swim.
• To protect your hair when you are out of the water, wear a hat or wrap your hair up with a pretty scarf.
• Make use of a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the harsh chemicals.
• Have a trim every six weeks (especially in summer) to keep your ends healthy and looking beautiful.
Other articles you may be interested in:
Tips to protect your hair from heat styling
Eight of the best hair saviours
Find the right hairstyle for your face shape
The healthy hair diet
How to: Hide a bad hair day